- Performed for patients with gallstones that are causing pain.
- Occasionally, cholecystectomy is required for polyps of a certain size/shape.
- Rarely cholecystectomy is offered for patients with biliary pain, even in the absence of gallstones.
- Common groin hernias are best repaired with a laparoscopic approach as this results in a rapid recovery.
- Occasionally, open surgery is indicated if previous pelvic surgery has been performed.
- Prosthetic mesh is used for laparoscopic or open repair.
- Smaller (< 5cm) hernias are best approached laparoscopically if possible.
- Larger hernias require open surgery.
- Prosthetic mesh is used with laparoscopic or open repairs.
Contact us today!
Call us on 02 9553 7288.