Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
- This involves placing an inflatable band around the upper portion of the stomach creating a small gastric pouch above the neck of the stomach.
- The AGB works by reducing hunger, the mechanism for this is not well understood.
- Very safe to insert
- Short hospital stay (24 hours)
- Low risk of micronutrient deficiencies
- Slow weight loss
- Poor weight loss in many
- Food intolerance, reflux, vomiting
- Device failure
- High re-operation rate
Contact us today!
Call us on 02 9553 7288.