Dr John Jorgensen is committed to protecting your personal information,
privacy and confidentiality as per the Australian Privacy Principles of the
Privacy Act 1988.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you when it is reasonably necessary for
us to conduct the services you may need.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards
against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying,
use or modification.
When you send us personal information some of the reasons we may use it for
* Contacting you as required to meet your medical needs.
* Claiming payment from medical authorities and insurers
* Complying with our legal responsibilities
* Complying with our obligations to hospital facilities, theatre staff
and the people who will be treating you after your surgical procedure
The kind of information we keep includes:
* Personal information like your name, address, date of birth, gender,
racial and religious information, payment details, ethnic background,
occupation, sexual preferences, employer’s details, interests, payment
details, financial information, medications, criminal record
* Information about how and where you were referred to us
* Health information including medical results, clinical and medical
* Family medical history and their details
* Other medical service providers’ commentary, diagnosis and test
* Analytics cookies: we use these to gather statistics about our site
and apps. For example, they help us monitor how many users are on the site
or app, and what sections are most popular.
* Advertising cookies: we use these cookies to improve our
understanding of the kind of advertising that may be relevant to your health
relevant advertising of our practice can be displayed to your aggregated
* You can clear cookies from your device by changing the security
settings on your web browser.
* However, doing this might mean that parts of our website(s) or apps
may not work as they should.
Who we work with
We may share your personal information within a wider group of professional
service providers that may include:
* case managers
* nursing practitioners
* medical specialists
* medical research (with permission)
* allied health professionals
* other parties reasonably expected to be included in the treatment of
We also offer our patients a monthly online patient newsletter if they opt
in on their new patient form.
You can unsubscribe from this at any time or please email
email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> should you
have any concerns about privacy issues.
* Dr John Jorgensen website is not a substitute for a medical consult
and information on this website can be considered for educational purposes
* This website does not take the place of a medical consult
* All Upper GI and bariatric procedures are different; all results are
* The results of bariatric procedures are wholly dependent on the
patient’s ability to follow the surgeon’s advice
* Dr John Jorgensen website makes no warranties, expressed or implied
and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without
limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for
purpose or other violation of rights.
* Although we endeavour to accurately report data on this website, Dr
John Jorgensen website does not warrant or make any representations
regarding the accuracy, reliability or results of the use of materials on
* There is no guarantee that this website will be updated in any
specific timeframe and no guarantee the materials on this site are current,
accurate or complete
* This website provides links to other websites to assist patients in
their Upper GI and Bariatric Journey and accepts no liability for accuracy
or reliability of materials on these sites. Any such use of these sites is
at the user’s risk.